The essentials of the Catholic Faith — clearly, comprehensively, and beautifully explained by one of the Church’s greatest thinkers!
Although St. Thomas Aquinas was one of the Church’s most intellectually powerful theologians, few know that he also wrote a great deal that’s well within the reach of ordinary believers.
In fact, as you’ll find in The Aquinas Catechism, St. Thomas had a remarkable ability to communicate the Faith — including both its most complex and its simplest elements — in plain language. Here you’ll find his deeply insightful, straightforward, and clear explanations of the Apostles’ Creed, the Commandments, and the Sacraments — as well as of the Our Father and the Hail Mary.
In other words, this book will give you a basic course in the Catholic Faith, taught by the Church’s greatest theologian.
Let him help you:
- Gain a better grasp of Church doctrine
- Pray with greater fervor and understanding
- Receive the Sacraments more worthily
- Learn what God requires of you and why
- Explain Church teachings to non-Catholic friends
- Discover the scriptural sources of our Catholic Faith
- Find remedies for moral weaknesses that still afflict you
- Glimpse the greatness of the Church’s supernatural mission
- And much more!
- Above all, let St. Thomas teach you how to explain, defend, and live your Faith . . . with the clear-sighted wisdom of a saint!
"St. Thomas’s great influence has been a function of the simplicity and clarity of his writing."
Catholicism and Fundamentalism
"A marvelous companion and comparison document for the contemporary Church's Catechism."
The Very Rev. Peter Stravinskas
The Catholic Answer
"St. Thomas wrote that 'three things are necessary for the salvation of man: to know what he ought to believe, to know what he ought to desire, and to know what he ought to do.’ The wisdom and life-changing power of this maxim will reverberate mightily in all who ponder the truths contained in The Aquinas Catechism."
Search and Rescue and Surprised by Truth